Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

A few years ago, my family started drawing names for "secret Santa" Christmas gifts among the siblings and their significant others. The "secret" part never lasts long, as someone invariably slips up, word spreads, and then we all start trying to unravel the mystery, much to my mother's chagrin. I'm not sure why the secrecy is part of the equation, but I'm happy to keep it, mainly for the unraveling challenge.

My sister, Erin, drew my name this year and she showered me with these lovely gifts that totally feed into my India obsession and left me feeling ever so merry on Christmas Day. So merry, in fact, I wore a sari to Christmas dinner and was quite happy for the excuse.

Hoorah for Indian spices and a spirit of culinary adventure!

Gorgeous trivet.
Equally gorgeous tea towel that no grimy fingers better ever soil.

Fabulous apron that coordinates beautifully with my plum and tangerine colored kitchen.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'd love to hear how the no grimy fingers works out. I had/have some lovely French dish towels. I still have them but they are no longer lovely (sigh).

Happy New Year and thanks for sharing!

Kelly
www.authenticatingkelly.blogspot.com

Trinity said...

These are gorgeous! And an urgent reminder that we need to go eat Indian food again.

Starchild said...

quite a wonderful theme present! ;)